Amidst allegations of scamming subscribers to its property, a popular real estate firm, Revolution Plus Property, is set to meet clients and stakeholders.
The firm made the decision to meet with its clients after customers who paid for one landed property but did not get allocation years after called it out on social media.
- Bandits closing in on Kaduna metropolis
- NIGERIA DAILY: Landlords Kick As Senate Moves To Extract Succour For FCT Tenants
The clients, who allegedly called the firm fraudulent on Instagram, also tagged the brand ambassadors of Revolution Plus who are renowned actors, actresses and content creators.
Many of the customers accused the company of withholding their land allocation years after they paid for them in some of their estates in Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan.
As the allegations raged on social media with people calling on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate the firm, it has invited all its stakeholders to an open house to address issues surrounding their allocations.
In a statement posted on its Instagram page, the firm said: “In our bid to sort all land allocation backlogs and other related issues, we will be holding an open house with the Group Executive Director (GED) and Group Managing Director (GMD) between Monday, February 7, 2022 to Thursday, February 10, 2022 at our Ikeja head office.
“We wish to have a round table discussion with all stakeholders of our estates.
“To this end, we shall receive all stakeholders based on the schedule (both onsite and online through Zoom. Zoom links have been sent to clients’ emails and we will also visit our other branches for the same purpose.
“We crave your patience as we promise to attend to each complaint with the assurance that our part of the deal will be fulfilled.”
Affected clients were also advised to “bring all necessary documents for easy transition to enable us to attend to the number of clients stipulated for this daily routine till we finalise the process.
“We will be transparent with this process, as transparency is the bedrock of our business. Revolution Plus Property still stands on its mandate to serve you affordable housing.”
The firm had earlier apologised to its clients in a statement released a few days ago. It also explained the delay in allocation.
“As per the policy of the company, once a property has been fully paid for, we provide a provisional letter of allocation which states that allocation is done between three to six months after full payment has been made. As a result of the high volume of subscribers to our estates, allocations are often done in batches and oftentimes we may exceed the time frame given for allocation,” the firm said.
Daily Trust learnt that in the midst of the controversy, the firm embarked on massive allocation of lands to paid customers at one of its estates at Abraham Adesanya in Lagos.
This also generated mixed feelings with members of the public asking why the company would wait to be called out before doing the needful.
A twitter user, Mobola Adedotun, wondered why the firm waited for so long before starting to make the allocation.
“I hope the company didn’t allocate superfund sites to customers in a bid to repair their dented image,” she said.
Others, however, commended the firm for quickly making amends on realizing its mistakes.
Also responding to the invitation of clients to the open house, an Instagram user by the handle @cleanstar, said: “Customers are the life blood of every business, a well-known brand like this should have known better instead of waiting to be dragged first. Honestly I was disappointed initially, good you guys are making amends for your bad step. An unhappy customer is an angry customer and an angry customer can never be a repeated customer. Hope you guys make your customers see reason of giving you guys a second chance.”