Hassan Ahmed, a Major-General of the Nigerian Army, was murdered in Abuja on Thursday night.
He has been buried on Friday in Abuja according to Islamic rites.
Below are a few things you should know about the slain senior officer:
1. Major General Ahmed was born on 16 February 1968 in Maiduguri.
2. He hails from Maiduguri Local Government Area of Borno State.
3. He attended Yelwa Comprehensive Secondary School Makurdi, where he obtained his Senior Secondary School Certificate of Education.
4. He gained admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in 1988 and was granted Regular Combatant Commission on 25 September 1993 as a member of 40 Regular Course in the rank of Second Lieutenant.
5. He was of the Military Police Corps and rose to the rank of Major General before his unfortunate demise.
6. Late Major General Ahmed held a Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science and Defence Studies, as well as a Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy.
7. He was one time the Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army and until his death, he was the Director Veteran Affairs at the Army Headquarters, Abuja.
8. He attended several courses including Young Officers’ Course Infantry, both Junior and Senior Staff Courses at the prestigious Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji and National Defence College among others.
9. In recognition of his meritorious services to the nation, late Major General Hassan Ahmed was honoured with several awards and medals, including the Forces Service Star, Meritorious Service Star, Distinguished Service Star, Field Command Medal and Fellow Defence College among others.