8 kidnapped in Kaduna, 2 in Ekiti communities | Dailytrust

8 kidnapped in Kaduna, 2 in Ekiti communities

Bandits
Bandits

Seven people have been reportedly kidnapped in the late hours of Tuesday when bandits attacked Keke A and Keke B areas of New Millennium City, Chikun LGA of Kaduna State.

The attack, according to residents of the area, started around 11 pm and lasted for one hour before security operatives arrived and engaged the gunmen.

Cyber-attacks on the rise, FG says

Bagudu approves N2.9bn retirees’ benefit

A resident of Keke A who pleaded for anonymity said at least three people were kidnapped, including the wife of a yet-to-be-identified military officer in the area.

Daily Trust learnt from the resident that the bandits were suspected to have targeted a particular house in the area during the attack.

“They also kidnapped another man who is the immediate neighbour of the military officer. In fact, the neighbour was picked up alongside his eight-year-old daughter, but they eventually dropped the daughter when her mother continued shouting at the top of her voice.

“Another man who was just returning home in his car at the time ran into the kidnappers. He was the third person that was taken away,” the source said.

Also, a resident of Keke B confirmed to our correspondent that a man, his wife and two of their housemaids were also kidnapped.

When contacted, the Kaduna State Police Command’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Muhammad Jalige, said he would get back to our correspondent but had yet to do so at the time of filing this report.

Similarly, in Ekiti, gunmen have kidnapped a retired chief pharmacist with the Ekiti Ministry of Health, Mr Israel Bamisaye. He was kidnapped on his farm located between Ero Dam and the Ekiti State Farm Settlement located at Orin Ekiti in Ido/Osi LGA of the state.

A source told newsmen via phone that the gunmen had earlier attacked one man, identified as Ojo, within the vicinity of the farm.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Ekiti, DSP Sunday Abutu, could not be reached to confirm the incident.

However, the Commander of Ekiti State Amotekun Corps, retired Brig Gen Joe Akomolafe, confirmed the incident.

From Maryam Ahmadu-Suka (Kaduna) & Raphael Ogbonnaiye (Ado-Ekiti)

Dear Reader,
Every day, we work hard to provide readers such as you with the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information. Quality journalism costs money. Today, we're asking that you support us to do more. Your support means that Daily Trust can keep offering journalism to everyone in the world. Sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Zenith Bank
1017257739
Media Trust Ltd


Please send details of your bank transfer to the email or Whatsapp number below so that we can contact you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Inquiries:
Email: membership@dailytrust.com
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410