(Continued from last week)
We have been looking at the price of obtaining spiritual power as Christian.
Your position was created when God spoke. Your dominion mandate was established when God spoke those words in Genesis 1:28. Your authority was conferred by those words. It is an irrevocable instrument! But you have to pay the price for the power you need to effect your control.
- NRM’s national convention for March 30 in Abuja
- As nations prioritise clean energy, Nigeria still struggling with fossil fuel
Your dominion will come principally from eight things:
1. Submission to the Holy Spirit.
2. Earnest or fervent prayer.
4. Revelation. You were created to walk in the prophetic dimension; the dimension of tapping into the knowledge and wisdom of God. There was a time the King of Syria warred against Israel and each he decides on where to lay in wait for the King of Israel, the prophet Elisha will tell the king to avoid that place. This happened several times. The king of Syria thought there was a spy in their midst but someone told him what was going on. 2Ki 6:12 “And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.” Revelation gives you an edge over your enemies. You will command cheap victory over your enemies if you can access divine strategy. Those who are in possession of divine strategy avoid tragedy. The dimension of power you operate in is determined by the amount of light you have.
5. Humility. The hallmark of humility is Obedience. Philippians 2:8-11, “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Humility is the key to operating in a higher dimension of power and authority. Adam lost it because he disobeyed God. You cannot be in control of anything unless you are under God’s control. Demons don’t surrender to you until you surrender to God.
6. Power words. This is the declaration of the Word of God as inspired by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said in John 6:63, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” It is the Spirit that energizes the Word of God. Let me show you how to speak power words that don’t fail. When you pray a lot in tongues, the Holy Spirit we give you utterance and construct words in your mouth. These words come with prophetic power when released. He could put a particular scripture in your mouth. When that happens, that scripture produces proofs when declared. Jesus spoke power words. Luke 4:32 tell us, “And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.” Many speak powerless words because they lack understanding of who they are and their position in the hierarchy of power. Jesus cast devils out with His words. Matthew 8:16, “When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick.” For his words was with power. You rule with power words. Luke 21:15, “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” Ecclesiastes 8:4, “Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?” Learn to speak as a king, as one with authority. Speak the Word of God empowered by the Spirit. Speak the truth, speak with conviction, let your yea be yea and your nay nay.
7. The grace you carry. Romans 5:17, “… they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” It takes grace to reign. Let me show you the reason most people do not experience or enjoy this divine enablement. Power is given for the accomplishment of divine purpose. Acts 4:33, “And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” You can see the relationship between grace and and divine purpose. The anointing is given for carrying out divine mandate. When God gives you an assignment, He gives you the resources you need to carry it out. You see, the greater the assignment, the greater the grace, (the greater the power!)
8. Sacrifice. Dominion comes at a cost. There is a price to pay to command power. To sacrifice means to give up something precious as a seed for what you desire. It takes sacrifice to release spiritual power. It is impossible to operate in a realm of spiritual power without prayer and fasting in addition to living a holy life. There are certain demons and by implication, problems that will not give way without adding fasting to prayer. “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” Mathew 17:21. It takes great sacrifice to command great power and breakthrough. I am not just referring to money, I am talking about sacrificing your time, talent, energy, eating, etc. for the pursuit of God, for the worship of God. Moses spent 40 days and nights with God on the mountain, he came back radiating power and glory. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice (Ephesians 5:2), He was given ultimate authority and power. Philippians 2:6-11. There is no promotion without sacrifice. The higher you want to go, the bigger the sacrifice required. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice of his own life and got the ultimate promotion. Every successful person or leader knows that you must be prepared to give up if you want to go up. You cannot watch TV all day and become a champion at what you do. An athlete that wants to excel must forgo what others are enjoying to practice more. He must do away with certain foods if he is to remain in shape and form.
You have been sworn into power. That is to say, you are anointed to reign. You are divinely empowered to rule. The staff of office has been given to you. Rule your world! Demons are subject to you. Witches and wizards are subject to you. Diseases are subject to you. The elements are subject to you. Rule your world!!
God’s presence will never depart from you. You will experience signs, wonders and miracles. You will enjoy divine healing and health, deliverance and promotion, in the Name of Jesus! The Name of the Lord will be glorified in your life, in Jesus Name!
Bishop Dr Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.