‘77 % of health facilities disrupted by COVID-19 pandemic’ | Dailytrust

‘77 % of health facilities disrupted by COVID-19 pandemic’

A new study has shown that the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted no fewer than 77 per cent of health facilities in Kano State, leaving only 23 per cent of them functioning.

The study, conducted by the development Research and Project Centre (dRPC) under its Women, Children and Adolescent’s Health (WCAH) in COVID-19 response and recovery project, studied 23 tertiary, secondary, and primary health care facilities across the state.

Briefing the Permanent Secretary, Kano State Ministry of Health, Amina A. Musa, during an advocacy visit recently, the project coordinator and President of Medical Women Association of Nigeria Kano Chapter, Dr Rahila Mukhtar, said the survey was conducted in April 2022.

“On the disruption of RMNCAH+N services during the pandemic, we found that 77 per cent of health facilities were disrupted, while only 23 per cent were functional,” she said.

Responding, the Permanent Secretary thanked the NGO for the research and promised to carefully study it and subsequently implement its recommendations.

Dear Reader,
Every day, we work hard to provide readers such as you with the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information. Quality journalism costs money. Today, we're asking that you support us to do more. Your support means that Daily Trust can keep offering journalism to everyone in the world. Sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Zenith Bank
1017257739
Media Trust Ltd


Please send details of your bank transfer to the email or Whatsapp number below so that we can contact you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Inquiries:
Email: membership@dailytrust.com
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410