- The merger will potentially create Nigeria and Africa’s largest retail bank by customers.
- The proposed merger would involve Access Bank acquiring the entire issued share capital of Diamond Bank in exchange for a combination of cash and shares in Access Bank via a Scheme of Merger.
- Diamond Bank shareholders will receive N3.13 per share, comprising a cash consideration of N1.00 (one Naira) per Diamond Bank Share representing a total cash amount of N23,160,388,968 (twenty-three billion, one hundred and sixty million, three hundred and eighty-eight thousand, nine hundred and sixty-eight Naira), or US$ 75,588,736.84 (seventy five million, five hundred and eighty eight thousand, seven hundred and thirty six dollars and eighty four cents).
- Diamond Bank will receive an allotment of 6,617,253,991 (six billion, six hundred and seventeen million two hundred and fifty-three thousand, nine hundred and ninety-one) new Access Bank ordinary shares, representing the 2 new Access Bank ordinary shares for every 7 Diamond Bank shares.
- The offer represents a premium of 260% to the closing market price of N0.87 per share of Diamond Bank on the Nigerian Stock Exchange as of December 13, 2018, the date of the final binding offer.
5 things you need to know about the Access, Diamond Bank merger
The merger will potentially create Nigeria and Africa’s largest retail bank by customers. The proposed merger would involve Access Bank acquiring the entire issued share…