✕ CLOSE Online Special City News Entrepreneurship Environment Factcheck Everything Woman Home Front Islamic Forum Life Xtra Property Travel & Leisure Viewpoint Vox Pop Women In Business Art and Ideas Bookshelf Labour Law Letters
Click Here To Listen To Trust Radio Live
SPONSOR AD

42 NSCDC junior staff get N300m houses

  The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on Thursday, handed over 42 units of two bedroom flats to 42 beneficiaries at the cost…

 

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on Thursday, handed over 42 units of two bedroom flats to 42 beneficiaries at the cost of N10m each.

The “Civil Defence Cooperative Staff Housing Estate” phase l and ll located at Kubwa, Abuja were constructed in collaboration with the Federal Mortgage Bank as efforts to relief NSCDC personnel of their accommodation challenges.

Each of the beneficiaries who are junior staff of the Corps will pay the sum of N1million as equity while the FMB will pay the balance of N9m.

President of the NSCDC Staff Cooperative Society, Deputy Commandant Abi David said the balance will be spread through the service years of beneficiaries which could be as much as 30 years.

“The house cost N10million each and initially they have to pay 10% equity and the Federal Mortgage Bank has assured us that as soon as the papers come, they were ready to pay the remaining 90%. It is an individual thing with the Federal Mortgage Bank, it depends on the years you have in Service. Most of them will pay within N50,000 to N65,000 every month until the retire from the Service,” he said.

During the commissioning ceremony of the Estate, Minister of Interior, Abba Moro who praised the initiative, said the project was in line with the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan, enjoining the beneficiaries to take good care of the properties.

On his part, Commandant General of the Corps, Ade Abolurin said the intermediate and senior officers will get their turn when the other projects are completed.

He also revealed that the housing project will be extended to all the states of the federation. “If you go to Kogi right now, you will see nothing less than 300 housing scheme almost ready for commissioning and other states like Nasarawa, Delta and Kwara.”

Join Daily Trust WhatsApp Community For Quick Access To News and Happenings Around You.

UPDATE: Nigerians in Nigeria and those in diaspora can now be paid in US Dollars. Premium domains can earn you as much as $17,000 (₦27 million).


Click here to start earning.