Daily Trust - 2020 Hajj opens to only Saudi residents
Nigeria @ 50

file photo

 

2020 Hajj opens to only Saudi residents

Saudi Arabian government has announced that this year’s Hajj will take place next month but a “very limited” number of pilgrims will be allowed to take part.

It also said pilgrims taking part will be from various nationalities but must already reside in Saudi Arabia.

The Kingdom’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah announced this on Monday stating that the decision was taken due to the ongoing threat from the coronavirus pandemic and to also preserve “global public health,”.

The ministry said the decision had been made “in light of continuation of the pandemic and the risks of Coronavirus spreading in crowded spaces and large gatherings.”

“A very limited number of pilgrims from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi Arabia, would be able to perform it.

“This decision is taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols” the ministry said.

Last year about 2.5 million pilgrims performed the pilgrimage.

More Stories

file photo

 

2020 Hajj opens to only Saudi residents

Saudi Arabian government has announced that this year’s Hajj will take place next month but a “very limited” number of pilgrims will be allowed to take part.

It also said pilgrims taking part will be from various nationalities but must already reside in Saudi Arabia.

The Kingdom’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah announced this on Monday stating that the decision was taken due to the ongoing threat from the coronavirus pandemic and to also preserve “global public health,”.

The ministry said the decision had been made “in light of continuation of the pandemic and the risks of Coronavirus spreading in crowded spaces and large gatherings.”

“A very limited number of pilgrims from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi Arabia, would be able to perform it.

“This decision is taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols” the ministry said.

Last year about 2.5 million pilgrims performed the pilgrimage.

More Stories