There are 12 Things God wants you to be that the devil does not want you to know or have. 2Corinthians 4:4 says, “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
There are strategic truths the devil desperately wants to keep you from knowing. Truths that will liberate you.
- What bandits commanders told me in Zamfara forests Sheikh Gumi
- Top bandits commander, Buharin Daji, to lay down arms soon Matawalle
God wants you free (He wants you delivered from sin, Satan and curses), God wants you healthy, God wants you wealthy, God wants you fruitful, God wants you up, God wants you clean- righteous and holy, God wants you strong (through the knowledge of Him), God wants you big, God wants you successful, God wants you known, God wants you happy, God wants you peaceful!
We start off with the foundation: freedom. God wants you free. He wants you delivered from sin, Satan and curses. Isaiah 14:3,5
He sent His Son to the cross for man’s redemption. That job was completed, and you can be free today if you choose to. The devil does not want you to know this. GOD WANTS YOU TO BE FREE TO FLY HIGH!
When I was young, I was fascinated by birds. Their ability to fly and soar high intrigued me. You could capture other animals more easily but not birds. Whenever they felt threatened, they simply flapped their wings and took off into the air. They were free and they could fly. They were birds and they were created to fly.
So, I was equally fascinated by bird cages. I bought one with a bird in it. I owned the bird, I fed it and limited it inside the cage. It could not fly like others. It was not free to express its full potentials because it was caged.
As a pastor, I have heard the sad tales of people who have been struggling through life unaware they are caged by the enemy. They have potentials they cannot express. They know they are born to fly high, but they are unable to fly. They have dreams but they cannot realize them.
There are two categories of slaves: voluntary slaves- people who sold themselves and forced slaves- those who are taken captive by force.
There are 5 basic forms of captivity:
- Emotional Captivity. Disillusionment, discouragement and regret are often used by the devil to deprive people of their freedom. Feeling hopeless is an emotional prison in which many people are locked away by the enemy. If the devil can convince you that there is nothing you or anyone can do to help your situation, he can keep you bound for ever. To be bound to your hurt is to forfeit your future and your freedom. Until you are free of regrets, you cannot make progress.
- Mental captivity. The enemy’s most effective chain is wrong belief. The greatest cause of bondage is believing a lie. The greatest source of freedom is knowing the truth. It is very difficult to deliver a man who is in error and does not know it. Where your mind goes your life follows. If you don’t want it to happen in your life, get it out of your mind! Satan also enslaves through ignorance. My people perish for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4: 6). There are no easier preys for the devil than ignorant believers. Many people are cheated and exploited because they are ignorant of God’s love, power, faithfulness, principles, provisions, grace, mercy etc. They are also ignorant of their authority in Christ and their rights as sons. To be bound by ignorance is the worse form of captivity.
- Physical captivity. Physical ailments limit energy and resources necessary for the pursuit and attainment of destiny. They have the capacity to cut life short.
- Financial captivity. Poverty confines a man to a small space in life. To be broke is to be at the mercy of everyone: landlords, transporters, food vendors, etc.
- Spiritual captivity. Satan enslaves through sin. Bondage to bad habits can destroy a person. The Bible talks about “sins that do easily beset us.” Hebrews 12:1. Whatever enslaves a man dominates him. Note that slaves have no rights. Sin is the reason many are labouring in vain. You are a slave to whatever you choose to obey.
Until you are free, you cannot fly. Joseph could not be promoted until he was released from prison. Secondly, until you are free, you cannot reign. Nelson Mandela could not become president until he was out of prison, thirdly, until you are free, you cannot possess anything. Until you are free, your hands cannot be filled. Until you are free, you can barely feed. Until you are free, you have no rights. The children of Israel worked for their Egyptian masters without pay. They owned nothing. Their labour was for another. Until you are free, your rights are theoretical. Israel had no rights until they were delivered from Egyptian slavery. They had no possessions until they were set free. Obadiah 1:17
How To Be Free
A bird cannot come out of the cage unless someone lets it out. One day, one of my siblings wanted to play with my bird in my absence and left the cage door open. The bird hopped to the entrance and flew out of the cage into the air and out of our reach. It was gone; it was free!
There is only one word for freedom: JESUS! He came to open the cage so that captives can be set free. He came to set the captives free. He came to deliver the oppressed. He is mightier than Moses. He was wounded for our transgression, he was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon him and by his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:4-5. See also Luke 4:18.
Jesus purchased for us a very perfect redemption (Ephesians 1:7). The Greek word translated redemption is the word apolutrosis which means ransom in full. The death of Jesus covered every angle.
“If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.” (John 8:36)
Jesus does not set you free and goes away; He hangs around to make you. Making is a process. It requires patience.
Each time we talk of deliverance the only thing that comes to most people’s mind is demons. But a person can be free of demons and still not be completely free. The aim of being free is to enhance the quality of life.
Complete liberty must therefore include Mental and psychological well-being, Financial well-being, Physical well being and Social well being.
The very place where the devil plans to humiliate you is the place where God will honour you. God elevated Joseph in the very land of Egypt where he suffered as a slave and prisoner. God will honour you in this very land.
I decree your freedom now, in the mighty name of Jesus!!
I see the chains breaking off of your life! I see you coming out of that predicament.
He came that we might have life and that we might have it more abundantly. He came to lift us out of poverty and shame.
Are you willing to be set free from your sins? Are you willing to taste the life of the kingdom of God? Are you willing to come out of the cage of the devil and fly? Turn to Jesus today. Join us every Sunday we minister to people in detail. Have a blessed week.
(Continued next Sunday)
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l. Website: www.dayspringcmi.org e-mail: [email protected] Help line: 08035150515