The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, resigned yesterday, saying in line with the Buhari administration’s stance on integrity, it was honourable for her to resign over allegations on her NYSC exemption certificate.
Though internal ministry aides earlier debunked the story, reliable government sources had told Daily Trust that the minister indeed resigned after it became obvious that President Muhammadu Buhari was under pressure to let her off following a report which indicted her over controversies on the certificate.
Here are twelve stories to help you understand the story so far:
- BREAKING: Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun resigns
- Highlights of Kemi Adeosun activities as Finance Minister
- Read Kemi Adeosun’s resignation letter
- BREAKING: Buhari accepts Kemi Adeosun’s resignation
- Resignation: Buhari thanks Kemi Adeosun
- Kemi Adeosun: Buhari asks Zainab Ahmed to take over Ministry of Finance
- Certificate scandal: Finance minister, Adeosun bows out
- Kemi Adeosun resignation: People eligible for NYSC exemption certificate
- Kemi Adeosun resignation: How to collect your NYSC exemption certificate
- NYSC saga: Nigerians react to Adeosun’s resignation
- Resignation: Why Kemi Adeosun failed to attend FEC meeting
- How Kemi Adeosun became minister