A spark from an electric cable as a result of a power surge has caused a fire that razed a 12-storey building in Ilorin, Kwara State.
It was learnt that the fire, on Friday, at the 12-room building on 17 Afon Street, Sabo Oke area of Ilorin, resulted in a huge loss of property as the residents battled to stop it, with some sustaining injuries.
- Nearly 2,000 journalists die of COVID-19 in 94 countries
- We can’t leave auto repair for any other job – Kaduna graduates
Speaking on the issue, the owner of the building, Mrs A. Ibitoye, solicited the support of the state government and relevant authorities to cushion the effects on the victims considering the biting economic situation in the country.
In his reaction, the HOD of the Kwara State Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle, said, “Although the fire was huge, my men battled and extinguished it.”