Governor Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State, on Wednesday, announced Malam Danladi Sanusi Maiyamba, as the 16th Mai Tangale, 52.
The announcement was made 52 days after the demise of Dr Abdu Buba Maisheru II, the 15th Mai Tangale.
- Okorocha: Political Robbers Threatening to recall Me From Senate
- Reps to investigate crude allocation under DSDP arrangement
Here are 11 things you should know about the newly appointed Mai Tangale:
1. Malam Danladi Sanusi Maiyamba was born on February 12, 1966 in Billiri LGA of Gombe State.
2. He attended Billiri Primary School where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate in 1979.
3. He was at the Government Day Secondary School, Army Barrack, Yola, from 1979 to 1984 for his Secondary School Certificate.
4. He also attended Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi for a Certificate in Public Administration.
5. He is an alumnus of the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), Lagos, where he obtained a certificate in Human Resources Management in 2013.
6. The new Mai Tangale has about 34 years working experience in the civil service covering different Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
7. He worked at the Ministry of Education of both Bauchi and Gombe states between 1987 and 1996.
8. With the creation of Gombe State from the Bauchi State in 1996, he returned to Gombe and worked with the Gombe State Scholarship Board from 1996 to 2004 and the Ministry of Health between 2004 and 2005.
9. He was posted to the Shari’a Court of Appeal, Gombe and worked between 2005 and 2011. He was also at the Local Government Service Commission from 2011 to 2016
10. Between 2016 and 2021 he was at the Ministry of Animal Husbandry and Normadic Affairs (2016-2018) and Gombe State House of Assembly Service Commission from 2018 to 2021.
11. Maiyamba is married with children.