The financial sector in Nigeria has been abuzz over the scramble for the control of FirstBank.
Popular oil mogul, Mr. Femi Otedola, and the Chairman of Leadway Assurance Limited, Tunde Hassan-Odukale, are currently locking horns over FBN Holdings.
- Odukale vs Otedola: Inside details of the battle for FBN Holdings
- ‘It’s sinful to take N10 to church as offering’
While Otedola might be well known in the media circle, the same cannot be said of Odukale.
Below are 10 things to know about the Mathematician.
- Tunde Hassan-Odukale is also the chairman of Leadway Assurance Company Limited.
- He replaced the former Chairman of the First Bank, Mrs. Ibukun Awosika after her sack by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- The 55-year-old is a graduate of the University of London and City University, London. He holds a Bachelor Degree in Pure Mathematics and is an alumnus of the Lagos, London, Harvard and Stanford Business Schools.
- Tunde took over as Chairman of Leadway Assurance Limited following the retirement of his brother, Oye Hassan-Odukale as the Chairman of the company.
- Both Tunde and Oyekanmi are sons of the founder of Leadway, Sir Olusola Hassan Odukale.
- They are both Chairmen of First Bank. While Tunde chairs the FBN, the parent company, Oye chairs the United Kingdom subsidiary of the Bank.
- Tunde Hassan-Odukale has been a key member of Leadway’s executive and leadership team since 1999.
- He previously served as the company’s Executive Director, Financial Services and Systems.
- He is a member of the Royal Society of Mathematics, the Institute of Actuaries and the Institute of Directors.
- His hubbies are playing tennis, reading and seeing new places.